Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pig Pen

The first Simrad race is now less than 1 month away. Our competition Mr Roosevelt www.mrrooseveltracing.com are counting the sleeps in excitement. Rob I think is a little bit more disturbed at how fast time is flying and how much he has to do in his work remodelling the aft section of the boat. When I visited on Saturday (to bring lunch!) he was a little like our friend Pig Pen, with white sandings rather dust falling off him.

The main work being completed at the moment is a remodel of the nav. station to enable our 15 inch monitor to be mounted securely. We are using a Dell standard 12V DC monitor brought off trademe, it has a switching power supply that allows it to run directly from batteries. 

Other work includes making the galley more user friendly so the contents of the cupboards do not fallout each time they are opened, a new housing for the base speaker and a coat of paint to bring the back half of the boat up to the same " luxury inner city apartment" standard of the rest of  the boat.

While Rob toils with the sander, I am have been working on my fitness, I have been getting some great advice  from Sara Winther www.sarawinther.com.  Sara has set me up with a great program, road tested by her during her Olympic campaign. She also has encouraged me to "just get out and do stuff", so this weekend I am heading for the Pinnacles in Coromandel with my mates for a weekend of tramping.

No comments:

Post a Comment