Monday, October 31, 2011

Sail Akarana

A very different weekend of sailing this weekend.

It was time to once again dust off my hiking pants and boots, and get back out in my Flying 15. Sunday was the first event since the boats arrived back from the world champs.

IMG_0670

My crew Neil taking a break between races.

Sail Akarana was an event run by the Royal Akarana Yacht Club, home of Flying Fifteen sailing in Auckland. My focus in this event was to be more assertive and less conservative, completely  against what most coaches will tell you. The idea is sail recklessly see how bad it can go. Well except a some what hair raising port attack approach to the top mark, my recklessness did not seem to do us much harm. Maybe I am just so conservative my reckless sailing is middle of the road.

Final results 3-3-6-3 to take 3rd overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment